SEnDIng is a 3-year Sector Skills Alliance Erasmus+ project run during the period November 2017 – January 2021. The project consortium consists of 12 partners coming from 4 European countries (Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria and Ireland): two Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), two Vocational Education and Training (VET) providers, five IT SMEs, two Associations of IT companies and professionals and one Certification Body. The SEnDIng project addresses the skills gap at the Data Science and IoT domains, by providing IT professionals with technical knowledge and skills together with transversal skills and competences that are relevant to the needs of the labour market, are transferable and are recognized among European countries.
The main project objectives achieved are the following:
- Design 2 VET programs for Data Science and IoT that are based on multi-disciplinary and learning-outcomes oriented curricula and combine technical knowledge and skills with transversal skills and competences.
- Design 2 reference models of knowledge, skills and competences for Data Scientists and IoT professionals in accordance with well-known European frameworks, such as the e-Competence Framework (e-CF) and the European Skills, Competences, Qualifications and Occupations (ESCO).
- Pilot the VET programs in three phases (online Data Science/IoT training, online transversal skills training and work-based learning) and certify the learning outcomes obtained.
- Disseminate the project results to target groups and engage them with the project to maximize its potential impact.
- Take actions towards the sustainability of project outputs and their exploitation by relevant stakeholders.
To learn more information about the project, its activities and the outputs produced, please read the project final report.
Moreover, all public deliverables are available for downloading at this page.